Louise Grant Illustration

Thursday 17 February 2011

New Work




For some time now I have been playing with a new style that is more unique and has a "high-end" picture book type feel to it.

Let me explain.



It is a very different working process for me. Usually my work involves doing a lot of drawings beforehand and then inking and cutting out the image. Here I have taken a more free-form approach.

I draw the characters and make a rough plan of the layout then basically go nuts with the scissors and make an enormous mess while piecing together the image. I shall have to take a picture of the studio while doing this to prove how crazy it gets.

I really like the result and it feels very natural for me to be working this way as I am not the neatest person in the world : )

And I like the designed feel to it.

I will be adding these shortly to my website and will see what people think.

2 comments:

  1. Really love the look of this new work:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nicola,

    Means a lot coming from you. Hopefully it will get me some work in the picture book area.

    Ta.

    ReplyDelete