Louise Grant Illustration

Monday 31 January 2011

Work in SCBWI and Curious George



Hello everyone,

The last few weeks have been pretty busy for me with various pieces to finish and moving studios.

I was excited to get the latest SCBWI bulletin where some of my illustrations are featured. There is a extremely bad quality photo below.

I also went and saw the Curious George exhibit at the Contemporary Jewish Museum in SF. I had no idea there was such an interesting story behind the books.

The Reys were living in Paris at the time of the invasion and being Jewish had to escape. They packed up their illustrations and manuscripts and rode their bicycles over into Spain and Portugal, eventually making their way to the USA.

What a great story and I encourage anyone to go and see the exhibit- it's on til the 13th March.

Happy drawing everyone.



No comments:

Post a Comment